Bamboos are evergreen perennial plants. Or it can also be said as they are eternal green plants. Bamboo leaves belong to the grass family. Researchers say that the bamboo leaves can grow up to 10 cm per day and up to 30 cm in length and 5 cm width in its life span.
Bamboo species are considered as the most primitive grass of the plant kingdom. The leaves contain high fiber, antioxidants and other nutrients like dietary fiber, silica, magnesium, and amino acids.
Bamboo leaves have a large amount of dietary fiber. Research says that it helps in digestion. It has silica that is also known as silicon that can help in the growth of bones, hair, and nails. Organic silica helps in the development and growth of the human body. Researches prove that leaves also has polyphenols which act as antioxidants in the human body. One can say it should stay eternally green forever as every part of the bamboo is useful.
Types Of Bamboo Leaves
Basically, there are two types of bamboo leaves being used as traditional Chinese medicines.
- KHUZUYE:- Is a dried leaf of pleioblastus. It has a light bitter and sweet taste. It helps in the treatment of respiration.
- DANZHUYE:- It is the stem of Liphaphe tum Gracile. It helps to cure urination problems and digestive problems.
Benefits For Hair And Nail
- As the leaves contain high amount of silica , it helps in hair growth.
- Silica acts as a mineral for nail growth also.
Benefits For Skin
- Leaves of the bamboo help to maintain healthy and an acne free skin.
- The leaves prevent skin irritation which may be caused by some chemical content in cosmetic product.
Benefits For The Stomach
- Bamboo leaves help to clear heat inside the body mainly in the stomach area.
- It helps to improve digestion as it has a lot of dietary fiber in it.
More Health Benefits
- Bamboo leaves help in promoting urination.
- It helps to improve cholesterol in the body.
- As it has ethanolic extracts in its leaves, it also helps to improve male fertility
- Leaves also help to improve thyroid hormones like thyroxin.
- It also helps to balance the sugar levels in the body as it contains soluble fibers.
- It helps to cut down weight n reduces diabetes.
- Ethanolic extracts present in the leaves help to improve male fertility.
- Also prevents asthma which is caused by the symptom of inflammatory
We really do not know the origin of the bamboo plant but this plant has been there since ancient times. We can say every part of this plant is very useful in some way or the other as it is very easy to maintain. The bamboo plant will remain in this world for uncountable years to come. No wonder if the pandas can survive on bamboo, it makes me think how beneficial it is for us humans.