Many people bring in feng shui plants that are believed to being peace prosperity and good luck to the houses. One such indoor plant is the lucky bamboo plant. It grows well away from sunlight and is easy to care for. It can also grow without sunlight.
The lucky bamboo plant is a type of water lily known as Dracaena Sanderiana. Since it’s feng shui, it is said to enhance the positive energy in the home or office where it grows. The plant is said to represent the element wood, while the red ribbon that is tied around it represents the fire element. The reason why it is done is because of the belief that it brings balance and safety in life.
Origin Of The Lucky Bamboo Plant
Over 4000 years ago, the Chinese started to keep the lucky bamboo plant in their houses. The Chinese people believed the plant to bring good fortune during occasions like Christmas and new year. These stalks of the plants play a major role in the fortune.
Significance Of The Plant
The Chinese believed that the significance of the plant depends upon the number of stalks it has:
- Two stalks in the plant signify love. It is said to double the luck in love.
- Three stalks in the plant represent wealth, long life, and happiness.
- Five stalks in the plant represent wealth. It is a perfect gift for an enthusiastic businessman.
- Six stalks in the plant bring luck and prosperity.
- Seven stalks in the plant signify good health, happiness, and wealth.
- Eight stalks of the plant work as good luck and motivate people.
- Nine stalks of the plant represent good fortune.
- Ten stalks of the plant represent perfection.
- Twenty-one stalks of the plant signify blessings and abundance to the family.
Shapes And Varieties Of The Plant
2 Layer Lucky Bamboo
The plant belongs to the Dracaena Sanderiana species. Although they are indoor plants, this particular variety grows in bright filtered sunlight. This plant can live in a vase. It can also live without direct sunlight.
3 Layer Lucky Bamboo
Dracaena braunii is the scientific name of the plant. The plant has many other names like Chinese water bamboo, Friendship bamboo, curly bamboo, etc. The plant is very common in China, India, and Taiwan. It can grow well indoors and even in poor sunlight.
7 Layer Bamboo Plant
On professional and casual occasions, this plant is a perfect gift. It brings good fortune and serenity to home and offices. The best way to take care of the plant is to use filtered water and change it every week. This helps the roots to stay strong.
Facts About Lucky Bamboo Plant
Being feng shui, the plant has its own elements. The elements are fire, water, wood, earth, and metal. The plant when kept in the east direction, brings good health for the family. Whereas, the southeast direction attracts wealth. Therefore, the right direction is necessary.